Details: Full restoration of 120 windows / Listed Building
Warfield Hall was originally built in the 1730s and belonged to the Hart, later the Hart-Cotton, family. It passed by marriage to the Parry family of Denbighshire and passed down in that family until sold in 1831 to General Sir John Malcolm on his return from India.He described it as “a large three storey mansion, built in the 1730s, with ten bedrooms, stabling, a paddock, an orangery, a well-wooded park with a two-acre lake, a fine garden with a terrace, kitchen garden and outhouses”. Malcolm died shortly afterwards and the property was bought by William Charles King.
The house was substantially altered or rebuilt in the 1840s and, following a serious fire, was rebuilt in the 1870s by William King.In 1890 King’s daughter, Georgina, married Field Marshal Sir Charles Brownlow who moved into the house.The house was extended in the late 19th century and altered again in the early 20th century.In 1939 the house was acquired by Sir Thomas Sopwith who used it as his home until the house was sold at auction in 1952.In the mid 1970s the house was used as the American Military HQ in the film The Eagle Has Landed.
It is now the property of Sheik Ali Juffali, a director of E. A. Juffali and Brothers.
Abbey Road Studios (formerly known as EMI Recording Studios) is a recording studio at 3 Abbey Road, St John’s Wood, City of Westminster, London, England. It was established in November 1931 by the Gramophone Company, a predecessor of British music company EMI, which owned it until Universal Music took control of part of EMI in 2013.
Abbey Road Studios is most notable as being the 1960s’ venue for innovative recording techniques adopted by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Hollies, among others. One of its earliest world-famous-artist clients was Paul Robeson, who recorded there in December 1931 and went on to record many of his best-known songs there.
In 2009, the studio came under threat of sale to property developers. However, the British Government protected the site, granting it English Heritage Grade II listed status in 2010, thereby preserving the building from any major alterations.